An exciting opportunity with this growing successful business awaits the right candidate. This is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that will suit an energetic and strategic thinker with a clear vision and strong networking and communication skills.
This is an opportunity to join a respected company, Atkar as a BDM. This role will be focused on Business Development and Sales for their building material products.
The role will report to the Sales Manager and work closely with the Marketing and Sales teams. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining existing relationships while driving market opportunities and sales through building lasting business relationships with corporate bodies, developers, architects, contractors and commercial builders.
- The management and growth of building material product range
- Identify target markets and implement sales strategies
- Deliver superior customer service with professionalism in written and verbal communications including presentations to clients
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with corporate bodies, developers, architects, contractors and commercial builders
- Build and maintain commercial relationships
- Manage time effectively, meet/exceed personal and company goals while working efficiently with other team members
- Contact clients to ensure ongoing satisfaction and resolve any complaints in a timely manner
- Remain current on product knowledge and consumer preferences through regular attendance at sales meetings, training and other relevant conferences
- Communicate and investigate any increases or decreases in product demand and stay abreast of competitors and market conditions
Key Skills and Experience
- 2-3 years in a Business Development Manager (BDM) role
- Experience with the commercial building, construction and fit out industries
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage with both internal and external customers across all level
- A passion for developing and growing a business
- Excellent negotiation, influencing and presentation skills
- Successful proven track record of sales growth, meeting budgets and reporting
- Confidence and professionalism
- Ability to prioritize time, be results focused and follow up
- Proficient Microsoft Office suite and relevant CRM database
- Strong team attitude and able to work autonomously
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must hold a Victorian licence
Benefits & culture
- Attractive salary
- Great career opportunity
- Dynamic and enthusiastic team in a market leading company
- Commitment to work-life balance
A car allowance, phone and laptop will be provided to the successful candidate.
To be considered for this role you MUST detail how you meet the essential skills and experience in your cover letter.
For confidential enquiries or to enquire for this position please contact General Manager, email@example.com