In a world crying out for answers to issues of energy efficiency, global warming and climate change, Atkar embraces best practice environmental and ecological principles in the design and manufacture of its panel systems. Atkar share your environmental concerns; we use veneers from sustainably managed forests, chain of custody certified panels, E0 rated substrates and low VOC coatings.
Atkar’s Au.diBoard VoglFuge is certified under Good Environmental Choice Australia (GECA) Panel Boards standard, demonstrating commitment to lower environmental, health and social impacts.
GECA Certificate – Au.diBoard VoglFuge
- Committed to lead the commercial building industry in developing the sustainable economy.
- To deliver products that are completely safe during their service life and enhance the environmental performance of the building.
- Offer our whole product range as objectively and measurably as possible.
- Develop further innovative, renewable and zero impact products to fulfil (or uphold) our commitment (or dedication) to responsible, sustainable practices.
- Develop a life cycle inventory that will consistently inform and guide product development, and communicate and educate our leading practices to architects and specifiers so that they can learn and contribute to sustainable built environments.
- Establish the ability to use low VOC coatings to enhance the air quality of the buildings which utilise our systems.
- Use CGA data to identify and reduce embodied energy and waste in our products and look for opportunities to substitute with lower impact materials.
- Guided by Industrial Ecology and LCA data, reduce our manufacturing waste and look for opportunities to use post-consumer waste in Atkar processes or send Atkar by-products to other product manufacturers.
- Ensure all product development is guided by LCA based sustainable best practices.